General reasons for ads being deleted are:
- Ad breaches General The People’s Classifieds Posting Policies
- The item being offered for sale is not allowed to be sold on The People’s Classifieds. Click HERE to see what can’t be posted for sale on The People’s Classifieds.
- Including information in your ad which The People’s Classifieds believes is designed to manipulate search, including keyword stuffing and adding tags to your ad. Click here to learn more.
- The ad is a duplicate of another ad previously posted
- Posted under wrong category (You must choose the single most relevant category for your ad)
- Ads posted in a language other than English. We only accept ads in English. It’s acceptable to include a translation of your ad in another language in addition to English
- Ads posted from overseas or from behind a VPN unless the ad is posted in anticipation of you being in Australia (eg. to find a place to live or a job while you are here). The People’s Classifieds is for Australian based individuals and businesses only.
- Ad contains external links: No external website links are allowed within your ad to other property / job / classified or auction sites
- Not descriptive enough: Ads that do not provide enough detail will be placed on hold or removed as this makes for a bad browsing experience
- Inappropriate language
- Inappropriate photo / image
- Discriminatory on race / religion / nationality / gender / etc
- Ads that report other fraudulent ads. Please report potentially fraudulent ads via the “report ad” option located within each ad or Contact Us with ad details and reasons why these ads should be reviewed
- Ads that are intended to profit off natural disasters, health or public safety concerns, or tragic events
The People’s Classifieds reserves the right to remove any ad that we feel is not relevant, or of value to the The People’s Classifieds community, with or without notice to the ad poster.
There are several ways that your ad may be found to be in breach of policy and removed from the site including:
- Your ad has been reported to us.
When this happens your ad will remain until such time that it reviewed.
- Your ad has been removed by our moderation tools
In most cases we email you to let you know when we have had to remove your ad. These emails sometimes get directed to junk folders so please look out for The People’s Classifieds emails. You may wish to add The People’s Classifieds to your safe senders list if you have one.
If you have checked out all of these possibilities and none of them apply to your ad then please let us know by clicking on “Contact The People’s Classifieds” located on the bottom of each page in the footer under “Contact” or Contact located on the main menu at top pf your browser.